Wepwawet Statue is at Last Upright!
August 28, 2016

It's taken some doing, but at last I've got Wepwawet's statue upright. I tried to have a pretty base, but apparently I wasn't able to make myself clear as to what I needed. I said many times, "There has to be room for the tail to hang over the edge!" I though I'd made myself clear about the back right foot/front left foot alignment, but apparently I failed to communicate on that score, too.

So enter "Plan B". Not as pretty as a wooden base would have been. But so far, it's functional. The air-drying clay began drying before much refinements could be done to the block. Of course I worked on the screw/bolt openings first. By the time I got them functional, testing it against the statue, all I could do for pretties was scratch a little ankh into it. But, hey, it works!

I do want to get a embroidered ribbon to put around the outside edges, and secure it in the back. And of course, other pretties for the area. But I feel accomplished to get this much done!

Go back to Evening Doxology
Go to INDEX of Newer Entries of Markings Of My Path
Go to INDEX of Older Entries of Markings Of My Path
Go forward to Wepwawet Looking Fine!
© Joan Ann Lansberry: