Evolution of a Design

It all started with a desire to make a small votive of Set and Hathor. I took a crop of a photo of the "My Two" needlepoint and turned it black and white:

Then I made layers over that whereby I used the bottom image to create this image, suitable for the Shapeways process:

While I waited for the following to arrive, I played with coloring a print out of the design:


This is 62mm wide, in "raw" bronze...

I kept on seeing a heart in the design and got busy with the colored pencils and scanning:


After I scanned, I played with the curves in Photoshop and got a weird result I really like...

Looking at that, I got curious as to what it would look like in needlepoint. I sent for yarns to match the bright orange/red and chartreuse, already having the other colors in stock.


Process as of June 5th...


© Joan Ann Lansberry
Actually, the "JAL" initials are on the back of the bar casing....


The bronze ankhs (made via Shapeways) are a variation on a design for my statue of Set (in process).